Saturday, November 10, 2007

Happy Birthday, Katydid!

Back on October 27th, this blog turned a year old. I was half aware of it, but I was out of town and didn't have time to look up some of the stuff I wanted to put on here to commemorate it. And tonight, I'm all depressed because the Buckeyes just lost their chance at the championship, so I might as well focus on something else. (But in all seriousness, no one expected the Bucks to be number 1 going into this season, so we had a good run. Now we gotta go on the road to play...*shudder*...Michigan.)


Here are some stats about Katydid's first year:
(note: for statistical purposes, October = October 27-31, 2006 & October 1-26, 2007)

Number of posts in the first year: 113

Least posts in one month: September '07 - 5 posts

Most posts in one month: May '07 - 14 posts

Average number of posts/month: 9.4

Average time between posts: 3.3 days

Post with the most comments: Check out Katy's new shirt: 8 comments

Number of posts without any comments: 28


Some of Katydid's firsts:


First post, October 27th, 2006:

Okay, so I see this Sonic commercial on TV, it goes something like this:
Guy: I'm gonna put something on my blog about this milkshake, I think the readers would really like to hear about it.
Wife: You mean your mom?
Guy: Yeah, she's one of the readers.
Wife: I think she's THE reader.
Guy: Well, she said she was gonna tell her neighbor about it, so....

And I'm cracking UP, and I think, you know? I think I want to start a blog. Pam and Kelsey have one for their babies, and I love checking in on them. So Mom, if you're the only reader, ENJOY!! If anyone else checks in, bonus!

So for now, I'm just gonna see if I can post a picture, but I think it will be fun to keep a journal of life with my funny little 5 month old.


First photo, October 27th, 2006:

First links, November 12, 2006: Jack's blog, Beat Michigan Week, 2006

First video, January 15, 2007: (there was only a link, I hadn't figured out how to put it directly into the post yet)


Some of Katydid's favorite posts (according to feedback to the author):

Thank you, Stadium Hat!, November 19, 2006

All bundled up, December 7, 2006

OT clinic from IKEA, March 5, 2007

One exciting milestone and one scary one, April 5, 2007

Movie review - as if I know, May 31, 2007

A lesson learned, August 10, 2007

First comparison, October 5, 2007



Here's to another good year of blogging!!

No comments: