Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Positive Service Encounter

Today I'm feeling a little bit of love for the people over at Sterilite. To use a term that I learned when my friend Cindy was getting her MBA (and I was living with her at the time), I had a very positive service encounter.

As a wedding present (or perhaps a shower gift?), I received the Sterilite Cake Server, model 0200.





I love this item. I didn't realize before I owned one how often I needed to carry baked goods (cakes, cupcakes, muffins, etc.) from point A to point B without smooshing them. I didn't realize a couple weeks ago as I was using it that it would all come to a tragic end.

As I was carrying the Sterilite Cake Server (empty, thanks goodness), I lost my footing, tripped, and dropped it. One of the little side latches snapped off and broke, and I was no longer able to properly close my Sterilite Cake Server. This tiny problem made my cake server...essentially useless.

The cake server retails for about $20, I think, so it's not like this was a huge deal, but I was really bummed. So I thought I'd take a chance and go to the Sterilite website. I filled out a short online form explaining my problem, and guess what arrived in the mail today? A brand new side latch for my Sterilite Cake Server. Remember that it was broken because I dropped it, and I didn't have a receipt because I got it as a gift over 2 years ago. But no questions asked, my cake server is good as new. And even though this probably cost the company about a buck fiddy, I am so happy.

So happy, that I had to tell all my family in friends about my positive service encounter at Sterilite.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I actually find it kind of sad how happy decent customer service can make me. . . Have our expectations really sunk so low? Yes, yes they have.

I would be thrilled about the cake server too! I'm glad Sterilite was good to you.