Monday, November 05, 2007

Smartie Party

I'm in the midst of a Smartie Party. Back when I was in college, the students in PT & OT majors would often study in groups for big exams. One night I went to study with one of my friends and she greeted me with a large bag of Smarties. "What's this?" I inquired. "How do you expect to be smart if you don't have a Smartie Party while you study?" she laughed. By the end of the night, our physics books were surrounded by 2 piles of empty wrappers, and I felt much smarter. Today, the Halloween candy was on clearance at Target. I don't have an exam to study for, but I figured, what's the harm of having a Smartie Party?

Katy, apparently, has been having a Smartie Party of her own behind my back (as evidenced by her braininess - notice her hamming it up at the end of the video).


3 comments:

Erin said...

I love this video! My goodness, Katy is deeelishously cute. AND a smartie. She knows her colors better than Cal for sure!

I never got to comment on your post about the potential anxiety/ non-responsive stuff. I don't have much knowledge in this area, but I wanted to tell you that I am thinking of you. I'm sure she is fine, but worrying about your child is really tough on a parent. Maybe call the pediatrician and bring her in sooner? If only for your own peace of mind.

And finally, on the renaming of your blog: I am totally up for helping out. We can find another insect-related nickname for #2; something cool and that matches Katydid. I have access to tons of information about fascinating and beautiful native insects as one of the perks to my job. Aren't you glad I have such a big stake in this? (I'm mostly just kidding. But I WILL provide copious suggestions upon request!)

Jen said...

How cute! It's great that she is already learning her colors.

Pam said...

Just when I think I'm coming along with Jack you set the bar higher! That is one smart girl.
hey - what are you guys doing for the "M" game?