Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Great Room Exchange

We are getting ready to do what I like to call "The Great Room Exchange." Here are the steps:

1) Rearrange the master bedroom to accomodate everything that is currently in Brian's office.

2) Move everything from Brian's office into the master bedroom.

3) Move the current guest room furniture into the former office.

4) Set up a "big girl room" in the old guest room.

So I'm spending a lot of time on craigslist these days, looking for some of the items that we need to make all of this possible. And it occured to me that if I'm going to give someone money for their used belongings, I'd love to give it to someone I know. So does anyone have or know of anyone who'd like to sell any of the following items?

*Dresser for Katy's new room, preferrably white or off-white

*Crib - we have an extra mattress, so all I need is a frame that meets current safety standards

*Double stroller (front to back, that you can put a Graco infant car seat into) (ok, so this isn't for the Great Room Exchange, but I'm also looking for one of these on craigslist)

*A rolltop desk, not too large, because we don't have a huge space

I know many of you who read this blog are setting up for your own growing families, so it's a long shot that anyone will have anything, but I thought it was worth asking...

1 comment:

Mommy Daisy said...

Hmm, I wish you lived closer. I have a cute small roll-top desk that I've wanted to get rid of for years. Although it would leave an empty corner in my dining room, and I'm not sure that would work. (Plus Matt's in Columbus this week, he could have brought it to you but he's already there.)