Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Check out Katy's new shirt


Yes, it's hard for me to imagine, too, but this little booger is going to be a Big Sister. And at the ripe old age of 22 months. How about that?

So yeah, that means I'm 13 weeks pregnant, as some of you are aware. We are very excited to be welcoming another little one into our family. Might as well do it while sleep deprivation is fresh in our minds, right? Or at least that's what we'll tell ourselves.

So for the last 8 weeks or so I've had one motto in mind: Get. Through. The. Day. I know pregnancy is different for every woman, but for me, the First Trimester is the WORST of the WORST. Even at the end when I was huge and swollen and back hurts and having contractions and can't get comfortable enough to sleep, I remember saying out loud to Brian, "Yeah, but this is nothing compared to the first trimester." Ugh. I feel exhausted and nauseous and bleh and tired and just...barfy. BUT! The good news, no, the GREAT news, is that this First Trimester was significantly less miserable than with Katy. Still yucky, but at least I was able to function this time. Much, much better. So do you think this means if I have another one it will be even better??? (I know, I know, I can hear the chorus now, "I bet you're having a boy.")

I had my OB appt. yesterday to make sure everything was okay after the accident (this was another scary thing about the accident - and probably why I was having trouble breathing - can we say panic attack?). So everything is fine. The heartbeat was strong and she said at this stage the uterus is well protected and that it's rare for a car accident to cause a problem. Shew.

That's my news for the day. I guess I will need to change the name of the blog eventually. Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Kelsey said...

Congratulations!!! Had you told Cindy already? We had our 101 reunion over Labor Day and she said she suspected you were hiding a fabulous secret.

Yay!!!

Mommy Daisy said...

Congratulations! How exciting. Glad everything is going well so far. I also had a hard first trimester with my son, but the rest seemed a breeze. It's good that it was better this time. I've heard people say that it's because you're busy with one already, so you don't have time to think about it. Could be. Anyway, I'm very happy for you! Best of luck.

Jen said...

Yeah, I don't have to keep the secret any longer! I can't believe you could wait an entire 13 weeks to tell everyone! I'm glad you are feeling better with this pregnancy. Maybe it's a boy?! I was the least sick with Jacob, more sick with Ellie, and the worst with Emmaline. Good thing she's our last. =) Congrats again!

Emily said...

Kels,
I got ahold of Cindy last week finally after a lot of phone tag, so she's in the know. I knew she suspected it...I can't keep much secret from her.

Physibeth said...

How exciting! Congrats! Hopefully I'll finish Katy's blanket before new one is born. :-)

Pam said...

Congratulations! I've been waiting for this blog :0)
I had no morning sickness at all but my ankles did swell to the point where I looked like Shrek.

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

AHHH!! SO EXCITING!! Man oh man oh man oh man. I am so very excited for you and for Katy and for your whole family!

Can I use more exclamation points in this comment!! Yes!!

So so awesome!

Sorry your not feeling well, and I hope it passes soon. You guys are going to be fantastic parents to TWO! Yay!!