Thursday, November 01, 2007

Happy Halloween to Ewe!!

Since we didn't do anything with Katy for Halloween last year, I was really excited to put together a costume for her and do some serious Halloweening this October. I thought pretty much any animal would be a good idea, since she loves them, knows all their sounds, etc. My mom offered to make Katy a costume, and I don't think I could have imagined this cuteness.

Katy had 3 different opportunities to dress as a lamby this October...




The debut was at the MOMS Club Halloween party in early October. She was so hot by the end...

Then our neighbor Brooklyn (born the same day as Katy) invited us to a nearby nursing home for trick or treat and a party



Our little lamby was a big hit with the residents


Finally October 31st was here... Grandpa stopped by to see her costume before we headed off.

We worked for an entire month to teach her to say "baaa". She had it down by the end.

Once again, we went with Brooklyn, Katy's BFF. She learned quickly to reach out for candy at each house. She said "dat doo" in response about half the time.

By the time we reached our final destination (Aunt Mel's house), our little lamby was exhausted. I can hardly wait to see what she dresses as next year!

I hope you had a wonderful Halloween as well. Be sure and check back tomorrow, because it's officially NaBloPoMo!

5 comments:

Oma Froehle said...

Woo Hoo, Katy!!! Ewe are soooo cute!

I'm thinkin' doggy (woof, woof) next year! What do you say?

Love you.

Pam said...

Emily,
Your mum MADE that costume? That's amazing - you are so lucky to have your mum nearby.
Katy looks so cute. I'm glad you had a good time.
Hey - WHEN are we going to see you???

Mommy Daisy said...

Oh my gosh! Cute cute cute! That is the best costume ever!

Jen said...

What a cutie! Looks like she had a fun time!

Kate said...

Ann Geddes, eat your heart out! She is Baaaa-u-tiful!