Friday, October 05, 2007

1st Comparison

Just like Erin, I look forward to endlessly comparing photos of Katy and her future sibling(s). I figured I might as well start early, like, say, now.

This all started a couple weeks ago. I was 13 weeks pregnant and I began to notice that I was already having trouble buttoning my pants. And these are not my skinny jeans, but the forgiving pants that I had purchased to get me through the first few months (ha) of pregnancy.

Then when I was 14 weeks, still squeezing into my normal clothes, I had two people ask if I was pregnant based on my bulging gut. Oh, man. Surely it can't already be time to get out the maternity clothes.

So I gave in. Got out the maternity clothes. At 14 weeks. When I was pregnant with Katy, I think I started wearing them around 20 weeks, if I remember correctly. So here's the first photo comparison, though I'm sure this has nothing to do with the baby's size, but rather my cravings for McDonald's and the much less frequent puking.


17 weeks with Katy, still wearing regular pants and my anti-nausea bracelet...


15 weeks with #2, maternity pants, no bracelet required...

4 comments:

Jen said...

You look beautiful! Consider yourself lucky to not wear maternity clothes until 14 or 20 weeks. I always started wearing them at 11 weeks. Glad you are feeling better!

Mommy Daisy said...

Everyone says you'll get bigger, faster for the 2nd pregnancy. I think you look great. And the no nausea is great, I'm hoping that's my luck when we're ready for #2.

Pam said...

You do look different this time around. I thought that last time I saw you.
Anyway, you look great and I'm glad the sicky feeling has gone.

Kelsey said...

I mean this in the most non-creepy way possible -- those are some really cute maternity pants!