Thursday, December 07, 2006

All bundled up


So today I had a few errands to run and it was a bit blustery. So I dug out Katy's winter outdoor clothes. My mom made this "bunting" for her (without which I would not know what a "bunting" was) and someone from Brian's work gave her this hat (I wanna say it's from Argentina or somewhere?). Anyway, when I finished bundling her I just about cracked up:

This look could be translated - are you kidding me? Ten minutes into my outing I realized that I also should've dug out my own hat, but that completely slipped my mind. This is a pretty good representation of how things go these days.

I'm also mourning the loss of a treasured baby item... the mechanical swing. I love the swing. Katy loves it - which is why she has spent hours upon hours in it during the first 6 months of her life. We actually have 2 swings, both used, because we wanted one for the attic and for the first floor. There were lots of times when Katy was little that the swing was the only way she would calm down. I even let her sleep in it one night when she was a few weeks old because it was the only way she would stop screaming. Until she was 3 months old she napped every morning in the swing. We've TORN UP the D batteries.

These days I just put her in it once in a while when it's almost nap time and she's a little fussy, she still really likes it. A little while ago she was in it, and I kept hearing this THUNK... THUNK... so I turn around and she's attempting to turn completely around in the seat so she can reach the spinning lambs in the mobile above her, and her head is bumping against the frame every time it swings past. So I go over and look at the sticker:
WARNING: DISCONTINUE USE WHEN CHILD IS TOO ACTIVE.

Darnit.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another Grandma logs in. I love your blogsite pictures. Katy is sooo adorable. Looking forward to Christmas! Give her some "grandma sugar" from Grandma Sue.

Oma Froehle said...

The bunting looks great with the blue hat and the baby blue eyes! :-) I suspect that Katy will give you some 'tude' about a lot of things in coming days . . . make that years. The dirty looks are only the beginning. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Anonymous said...

this is a test