Friday, August 10, 2007

A lesson learned

Before I put Katy down for her nap today, I removed her wet diaper and replaced it with a clean one. I knew I was going to put her in her swimming suit after her nap, so I decided not to put her shorts back on, and just let her sleep in her diaper and t-shirt. As I placed her in her crib, I thought to myself, "Is there any reason I shouldn't let her sleep in just a diaper?". Well, without describing what I found when I came to get her after nap, I'll describe what I can only assume went through that little head after I left her:

Hmmm...I just had a full meal, I think I need to go to the bathroom.

Yep.

Well, this feels dirty, I guess I'll just take it off...

And empty it out...

Come to think of it, I don't need this diaper in my crib with me while I sleep, so I'll just toss it overboard.

Ok, finally I'm comfy, now I can sleep.

Sorry for the graphic details. It wasn't as bad as it could've been, but ewwww.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for the laugh! I guess it's only funny to me since I didn't have to clean it up. Just wait...there will be more and worse messes to come! =)

Mommy Daisy said...

Oh no, oh no. This is the 2nd time in the last week that I've read about this happening to someone. What's up? Is it preparing me. We have not had the pleasure of this experience yet. Zachariah doesn't seem to care about his diaper. He will, however, pull his pajama pants off and throw them on the floor.

Pam said...

ha ha ha ha! Thanks for posting. You've given me a good tip on not doing te same - because I've nearly done it!

Erin said...

Oh Emily! I learned this lesson the SAME WAY. Only it was bad. Very bad. Like, grossness everywhere . I had to take the boy, clothes, bears, binkies, bedsheets, crib bumper, and all and put them directly in the tub. Also, Cal was FREAKING OUT about it. It was sad, really. Poor fella knew there was something very wrong about the situation.

Kelsey said...

Hmmm. . . have I posted about this? Because Harper was the Queen of Diaper Removal Land for a while. She is also a Knight of the Spread-Poo-All-Over-Table. I sympathize. Hopefully Katy will loose interest in a hurry.

We had fun with you last week, hopefully I'll get a chance to blog about it soon!

Weed said...

EWWWW!! I've come close to leaving my little one in bed with just a diaper--I'll know better now. I'm glad I learned the lesson before the fact.

Sorry for my brute of a daughter running into sweet Katy in the nursery yesterday! I hope Katy'll forgive her!