Thursday, November 15, 2007

Warning: I'm huge.

I know they say that you're supposed to get bigger sooner with the second pregnancy, but I think this is a little ridiculous. I'm worried that tomorrow I'll go in for my ultrasound and they'll say, "Did we say March? Ooops, I'm sorry, we meant to say January." Because I can't possibly continue to expand at this rate until the end of March. It's NOVEMBER. I have FOUR MONTHS LEFT. Notice the difference in smiles between the 2 shots. There's a little uncertainty in the second one. (I wore the same shirt for proper comparison)


21 weeks with Katy, pulling my shirt snug to get the full effect

21 weeks with #2, no shirt pulling necessary

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great! - Maureen

Oma Froehle said...

Does this child move or kick or make its presence know at night when you are trying to sleep? Size is one thing, but I swore that Melanie practiced flutter kicks all night long for the last 4 or 5 months. Any news on the activity level front?

Call me tomorrow.

Pam said...

You look great. Good luck!

Giselle said...

You look terrific! I'm still in that "Boy, she's packing some extra pounds BEFORE the holidays" look.

And, if it makes you feel better, I have had many friends that have had multiple kids and seemed to get huge in the beginning of their 2nd and 3rd pregnancies. But they ended up being no larger at the end then they were with their first pregnancy. It's like it all stretches out quickly, but it doesn't necessarily keep going at that rate.

Erin said...

Are you kidding?? You look GREAT! And I am NOT just saying that. Seriously. I felt the same way with #2. I felt huge. But when I look at the photos now I think, "ah, well, not so bad." I felt especially bigger than the first time around until late in pregnancy. Don't worry about it. It will even itself out. (In other words, I'm retyping Giselle's comment.)

You look awesome. You are having a BABY! YAY!!!

(Have you discussed finding out the sex yet? Because I'm pretty sure we have NOT, and we need to DISCUSS. Or at least I need to know whether or not to hold my breath on finding out what it is.) (I AM USING LOTS OF CAPS. EVEN IN PARENTHESES.) (IT IS FRIDAY NIGHT AND I AM COMMENTING ON BLOGS.) (GO ME.)