But everyone felt better by Sunday and we DID make some progress.
|Speaking of a little progress...we have two chrysalises, no butterflies yet...|
|Digging, leveling, building frame for the gravel base.|
|Three and a half tons of gravel dumped on our driveway (the boys loved watching THAT), and the pallet of supplies that will be a new shed.|
|Who needs grandparents to help when you've got these 3?|
|How did all this gravel get here?|
|One shovel-full at a time. Or as David prefers, one rock at a time.|
|Then wheel it around to the backyard.|
|He said they were lighter than the gravel.|
We were able to still host our Girl Scout marshmallow roast on Sunday evening as planned. We even dug out this new brick and gravel spot for the fire pit. You can see in the background the finished gravel base for the shed. I'm dying to show you more cute pictures from the roast, but since I don't have permission, here is one that I can show. My sweet neighbor boys, who happen to be Boy Scouts, volunteered to come and show the girls fire safety, how they build a fire, and teach them a campfire song. It was so fun and they did a great job.
|He used a lighter for quickness, but other than that it was middle-of-the-woods fire building.|
So I was all set for this week to be a back-to-normal type of week, but this morning the van wouldn't start. And it's been doing this a few times lately so it's time to give up and put it in the shop again. I keep thinking, "Surely we've fixed enough things now, and NOW it will run well for several months." Ugh. And just the logistics of trying to get the van to the shop and get by with the Corolla for a few days...causes more headache. But after THAT, maybe the week will go as planned.