Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Storytime



About a month ago we went to toddler storytime at the library. Even though she was a little shy of the 18 month age minimum, she was definitely too old for the baby laptime. After going to the baby storytime, I was surprised to see how organized the whole thing was. There was a theme, several stories, songs with actions, a craft, and a snack. Along with an expectation to sit and listen - HA! So I Katy was much more interested in running around talking to the other kids and grabbing the books off the shelf. So I didn't run back the next week...


But today we tried it again, and I don't know what developmental milestone she reached this month, but it was a completely different experience! She was interested in the stories, participating in the sing-alongs, and actually sitting when she was supposed to sit! I was so proud of my little girl! Here she is with her "paper." Today's lesson was all about bears and honey and bees.


Then on the way home we stopped to vote, and guess who was waiting in the parking lot? The mayor himself, shaking my hand and asking for my vote. I was laughing to myself all the way to the polls...

1 comment:

Jen said...

We go to story time every Wed. and the kids love it. It gets a little more stressful the more kids we add to our family, but it is good for the kids (and me) to get out of the house mid-week. Plus, I love picking out new books to read to the kids at home...it cuts down on my boredom of reading the same books over and over and over! =o)