Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

We are visiting Brian's family for the holiday, and of course we have so much for which to be thankful. The kids love being here (even though they miss their cousins this trip, it's still tons of fun).

The weather is beautiful (nearly 70). Brian's folks have a train that passes literally through their back yard. Brian took the boys over the little ledge to walk along the track and just as they were leaving they heard a train in the distance. So they got to stand back about 10 feet and watch the train go by. There really aren't many things that make preschool aged boys happier than that.

Brian and I are considering going to KMart tonight for some doorbusters. (They have bunk beds on special! We're making room for another kiddo.) There may not be the wide variety of shopping choices in small town Kentucky that there are at home, but we are going to see all that KMart has to offer.

But more than ever, in recent times, I am just grateful for this life that we have. For my husband, my 3, almost 4 healthy children, and a roof over our head in a community that we love. Those things make me one of the most fortunate people in the world. And I really am overwhelmed at how blessed I am. Incredibly, incredibly blessed.

No comments: