Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Cake






After all the help you all offered regarding cake-making, David's birthday cake deserves it's own post. I took several pieces of advice together and came up with this monkey cake. My goal for next year is to take the Wilton class, but this spring it just didn't work out in time. So I'm really happy with the results, and I enjoyed coming up with something that represented my little round-cheeked monkey boy. I used a recipe from the Cake-mix doctor, in case you are curious.



Success! Here's to years of cake-making adventures!

5 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

Aww, I love it! GREAT idea! That's the way to go with cakes, easy and fun. It looks like it was a great hit with David too!

I've been wanting to take a Wilton's Cake Decorating class too. Our Hobby Lobby is offering it for half-price again in April. Hmm, I really should try to get in there and take it.

Allecia said...

Darling!

Erin said...

OH, I LOVE the shirtless cake-eating baby! That is priceless.

Your David reminds me of my boys at that age... total CHUNKS. Calum weight 30 POUNDS at one year. Seriously!

Kate said...

AWESOME cake!!! That is soooo cute!

Kelsey said...

That cake is awesome - I loved your letter to David too, I'm so behind my blogs!!!