Friday, March 06, 2009

Buyer's Market???

Forgive me if I use too many exclamation points here...but Holy Cow!!! Remember that house I mentioned that we really liked? We made an offer on it today!! But get THIS.

This house, which has been on the market for 3 days, had one offer on it that expired at noon today. When we went to the house for a second showing this morning, someone had jammed a key in the lock (so no one else could get in?). We also learned that there were going to be THREE MORE showings this afternoon!! (if anyone can figure out how to get in) So we submitted another offer, 15 minutes before theirs expired. As we were loading the kids into the car, the agent ran out to tell that our offer had been verbally accepted (with one minor change)!! HOWEVER, he won't be able to get it in writing until this evening or tomorrow morning, so if the original bidders (or any of the folks planning to see it today) get an offer in before then, the sellers would have another offer to consider.

How is it possible, that in this terrible housing market, we end up in a bidding war? I guess that shows that the place is a hot commodity. So our offer expires at noon tomorrow, so we'll have to know something by then. I'm a nervous-wreck, I really hope it goes through!

Oh, and if it does, we'd close on May 1st!

I'll be over here biting my nails if you need me...


Oma Froehle said...

Relax! The agent is extremely motivated to get you in there. :-)

Pam said...

My fingers and toes are crossed for you with this house - keep us informed.

Oh Em, I am SO SORRY about tonight. Even when I got him home he was miserable till he just went to bed (9.30pm). I can only think he's got stomach issues since surgery and I probably should have stayed at home (or got hubby to sit!). Anyway, the short time I did stay I learnt a lot and enjoyed. Thanks for inviting me!

Kristin J said...

Hope you get the house, that is so exciting.

We had a similar experience and it was agonizing. We closed on our house this Tuesday. We had an appointment to see the house on Jan.29, but when we got there with our realtor, the lock box was missing and we couldn't get in and were unable to get through to the selling agent. We couldn't get over there again until Sunday. We saw the house and put the offer immediately. 3 competing offers came in on the same day (we didn't find out how many were in until 4 days later). We all had to submit our best offer and wait. They made us wait all week. We found out at 4:55 PM Friday that we had the winning offer. But it was an amazing deal and the house was only on the market for 5 days.

bluedaisy said...

I read this yesterday but didn't get to comment- I hope that this works out for you guys :)