Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Luxury of Ceiling Lights

One of the quirks of owning a home that was built in the 60's is that we moved in to no ceiling lights in the house except for the kitchen. (See also: no electrical outlets in the bathrooms) We didn't have very many lamps, so we purchased a couple to get by, but let's just say that we've been getting dressed in the semi-dark for the past 18 months.

So a few weeks ago, Brian began the project of crawling through attic insulation with a lamp strapped to this head to run the wiring required to put ceiling lights in the 4 bedrooms. I'm slightly embarrassed by the state of these bedrooms as I share these photos, but I figure that it's the 23rd of November, and if you are still reading, then you know me well enough to know that I'm no Martha Stewart.

We opted for a ceiling fan for our room. I used to have to open the blinds in the morning to see to dry my hair (because you know, no outlets in the bathrooms).

Those of you who have stayed in our guest room will be thrilled that you no longer have to stumble around to a 40 watt bulb. (We put the same fixture in the nursery)

Another ceiling fan for Katy and David's room. Oh, do you like how I changed it from "Katy's room" to "Katy and David's" by shoving a crib in the corner with a firetruck comforter? The fun decor will have to wait until we figure out the permanent residents.

No comments: