Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Questions from Mom

My mom had a few more questions...

1) What is the one thing you miss the most that you enjoyed before you had kids? (Mine was being in the bathroom by myself--at least sometimes.)

Time to myself, to do whatever I want. I feel like even when the kids are sleeping, I have things I need to do that are related to them somehow (clean up, laundry, plan meals, grocery shop, plan Girl Scout stuff, etc), so I miss having time that is really truly mine. But I know someday I'll have it again and wish the kids were around, so I try to keep that in perspective.


2) Of all the household chores you do, is there one (or more) that you kind of like in spite of the work? (I like laundry; the clean clothes smell good.)
I like cleaning up after meals, because it feels finite: there are a certain amount of plates that need to get rinsed and put in the dishwasher and foods that need to go back in the fridge and then you're done. And that meal is done. It's not like picking up toys while a trail of toys is falling behind you, or doing laundry while 5 people are wearing clothes and getting them dirty. It's done...for at least 2 hours until you start the process again.

3) What book would you read if you had time? :-) (I liked "The Help" and "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.")

I saw the movie "The Help" (first movie I've seen in the theatre in years) and it was awesome, so I'd love to read that book. Brian is reading "Heaven is for Real" and says it's really interesting. I've always got a stack of books that I'd like to read that people have recommended...

I'm such a night owl that I am writing this past midnight and counting it as tomorrow's post. :) I hope you all have a lovely Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

bluedaisy said...

I am such a night owl that I am still up and reading this only a few minutes after your post! I read "The Help" but didn't see the movie yet. Really loved the book- it was a quick read. I just read "13 Reasons Why" by Jay Asher- interesting style, I liked it. I'd also like to read that book Brian is reading. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Pam said...

I loved these questions and your answers. If you ever feel like delving into a great book I would recommend The Life of Pi, but don't read the back cover or it'll put you off. I've read it twice and out of all the hundreds of books I've ever read it scores in my top 5.
I laughed at your bathroom comment! I know it is short lived but I still find it annoying that both my boys feel the need to pester me to death while I'm in there. I took Danny into a public stall with me recently while I had a pee and he started singing "Go mommy, go mommy, you can do it!"