Friday, October 31, 2008

A Girl and Her Wolf



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! After weeks of anticipation (i.e. reading picture books), Katy finally got to wear her "riding hood" and David his "wuf." (A big thanks to my mom for making the costumes again this year! She's made many a ghost and goblin in her day!) For the past week, Katy has asked me every morning when I went in to get her if we were going trick or treating today. And she was very clear about the process: "I knock on the door, an' say 'Tick or Teating!" an' get suh CANDY!" I think I was almost as excited as she was, though. It was nice weather, everyone was out on their porches (well, maybe about a third of the houses, the ones that participate), and at the end there's candy. If there's any parent who hasn't snuck a piece of their kid's candy - you have the will power of a saint. So enjoy a few photos from our evening...and you know I can't wait to see yours!



















I'll be back tomorrow for NaBloPoMo. I'm going to do my best to post everyday in November, though they'll likely be short. And for the week of Thanksgiving, I may have to use the "scheduled" feature on blogger in order to keep up my commitment. That's allowed, right?

6 comments:

Weed said...

Today I wrote five or six posts to use throughout the month....I won't tell if you won't! :)

LOVE the red riding hood costume. SO cute! And the wolf? Way too sweet to ever eat Granny!!

Kelsey said...

Love the costumes. LOVE. Looks like a fun night.

Your Coupon Coach said...

OMG Emily...they were to cute. I was thinking about coming over but the afternoon got away from me. I really love Katies basket...it really topped the whole thing off.

bluedaisy said...

What an awesome theme! They look so adorable- sweeter than the candy!

Jen said...

Could they be any cuter?! I love that their costumes went together.

Mommy Daisy said...

Aww, great costumes. They look so cute.

Good luck with NaBloPoMo. I am doing it too. I think I will also use the scheduled post option a few times. I was planning to do what Weed said she did and have a few posts sitting there in case I need something one day.