Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Winter Wonderland

Well, I'm feeling blog-rested after that month of November, and I'm ready to give it another go. I've been trying to use my time making a dent in the Christmas shopping list, starting to think about sending Christmas cards, and collecting items for the Great Room Exchange. We've completed step 1 (rearrange master bedroom furniture to accommodate Brian's office), and we may have the rest of what we need on the back burner. When it's all finished, I will show you some before-and-afters and fill you in on how it all worked out (because that's just as interesting, right?).



Today we've had our first snowfall of the year. I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical when I heard the reports last night, "2-4 inches tonight and another 1-3 tomorrow." I agree with Kelsey, the weather people here have a tendency to way overestimate snowfall, especially for the first one of the season - it must have something to do with ratings. And after going to college in upstate NY, I'm amazed at how people get all freaky about a couple of inches. But I'm impressed - we actually have maybe 4-6 inches on the ground, and it's kinda pretty. I'm of the "I can't stay in this house all day" mindset, so Katy and I still ventured out to playgroup and to run a couple errands. I'll post pictures if I get her out to play in it...

But for now, a video: I've been trying to capture on film some record of Katy's extensive vocabulary, along with some of her hilarious mispronunciations. But it's really hard to get this, because as soon as she sees the camera the only thing she says is "CHEEEEEESE!!" So I had Brian record her and I looking at a picture book. It's still not exactly what I was hoping for, but maybe in a few years I'll enjoy looking back on this...

1 comment:

Mommy Daisy said...

Cute video. She speaks very well. I've heard girls usually have better language skills early on, that just proved it. Zachariah doesn't say quite that much yet...especially not that clearly.