Friday, December 07, 2007

Snow Bunny


Finally, I did the good mom thing and bundled up with my toddler so she could play in our winter wonderland. Based on her reaction last year, I knew she would love it.


This is one of those times when I am so thankful to have hand-me-downs from my 3 nieces. It would seem quite expensive to buy a snowsuit and snow boots every year for as much as they would get used here, but free ones? Why yes, thank you! I was quite grateful for the Baby Bum snowsuit and the Polly Pocket snow boots.


The funny thing this time was watching her struggle to stay upright. She kept falling, and then even though I know she possesses the motor skills to get back up on her own, she would lay there and say, "hup, hup" (help).


She was also fascinated with all of her toys that had been buried in the snow. (yeah, guess I should've brought those inside for the season, huh?) I gave her the brush that we use on the cars, and she was attempting to brush the snow off of them with little success.


At one point I was brushing the snow off of the van while she played, and I heard her crying in a whiny voice, "boot, boot!" So I looked over and she was holding her boot in one hand, and her little stocking foot was stuck in the snow. It was a pitiful sight. We didn't stay out much longer after that.


Afterward, Aunt Mel came over for lunch, and Katy was begging for the cookies she had spotted on the kitchen counter (Brian and I gave into our sweet tooth last night and broke out the Nestle recipe). After she ate a pretty decent lunch, I let her have one, and she was in sugar-high heaven. Then she crashed and took a nap. Ahhhh....

1 comment:

Jen said...

Glad to see Katy enjoyed her "snow day". She looks so cute in her snow suit!