Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Five days of Christmas


I know that Christmas is more fun and special when you have kids, but I think I only really just got a taste of what that means. We just finished five days of celebrating with our families, and I can't imagine how Katy could have enjoyed it one bit more. Of course, she had no idea what was coming and didn't completely understand the concept of the presents, but she enjoyed having so much family around, and she absolutely loved every single present she received. Here are the highlights, in photo:


I think almost every member of the family, including New Baby, got Buckeye gear in some form.

Katy liked to pass out the presents, and then help the person "uh-pin" it.

For the past few years, I've made everyone pose for a group photo at each place we celebrate. Sometimes there's a little resistance, but I always tell them they'll thank me later. And I think it's nice to have these pictures. This is at my Dad's house, our first stop.

Katy and cousin Gabe had a blast on their new ride-on toys from Great Granny. Uncle Neil even raced them across the living room, to which they replied, "more! more!"


This group of my mom's family has gotten together on Christmas Eve since I was born. We've added some spouses and some babies, and the location has changed, but it still has the same feel. Christmas wouldn't be complete without it.

Katy got a lot of new books for Christmas, and she had a lot of people available to read to her. As a matter of fact, she had a lot of people to entertain her in general, which is a nice break for me. Of course, she still checks in with a whiny, "Mommy, up!" quite frequently, but I don't mind that. :)

Christmas PJ's and a new rocking chair from Oma. There's no better way to enjoy your "nilk."

We've been seeing alot of this face lately, and I'm not sure what to think of it.

Back at home for Christmas morning, these stocking stuffers, which cost all of 75 cents, were among Katy's favorite gifts.

Another big hit from Grammy and Papa John. She's already leaving tracks on the floor from the kitchen to the living room.

This was the big finale of Christmas morning (even though we got this for free - shhhhh). She was soooooo excited to see this, moving dishes and pots and food from sink to shelf to microwave, etc.

Here's the crew who joined us for Christmas at our home. They were all brave enough to have Christmas dinner here, and we managed to fit around our table and everything. It was really such a nice day.

Finally, we went to see Katy's cousins for the day today (and of course, our brother and sister-in law, too.) More excitement, more playing, more food, more good conversation.

One more family photo. Strange to think that next year these photos will include another little guy. What will he do with all these girls?

I hope your Christmas was also enjoyable. Brian and I are collapsed on the couch, thankful for a few days to recover and come out from under the cookies and open boxes. We're feeling pretty thankful in general, because I think Christmas will only get better as the kids (weird to say that) get older.

1 comment:

Oma Froehle said...

Great pictures! What a fun Christmas you had! Please post the pix on Snapfish so I can get some prints!