Sunday, January 28, 2007

Dedicated to the One we love

Today was a special day for our family. As a symbol of out commitment to raise Katy in a Christ-centered home, we participated in a baby dedication ceremony at our church this morning. This is what Brian and I shared with Katy during the service:
"Katy, today we are publicly dedicating you to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, as a commitment to Christ to love you and provide for you a Christ-centered home that nurtures your spiritual growth."

That's my Dad and Sue on the left, my sister Melanie in the middle, then my mom and Greg, and then Joe and Judy Rimelspach on the right (elder in the church who prayed for us).


The other thing we did this weekend was take Katy into my work and see how she did in the therapy clinic. She was tired (we went a little too late in the day), but it was really fun to see how she reacted to the different toys, and I'm keeping any eye on her sensory systems.... Brian thinks I'm paranoid. :)






3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Emily,

Is it okay that I find it a little funny that you are keeping an eye on her sensory systems? :-) I think that's an example of how you can sometimes know too much, especially when it comes to your own kids. As a former elementary school teacher, I know I'll have an annoying level of interest in her classroom activities once she's in school. Her future teachers will probably run when they see me coming. (Actually, I'll try very hard NOT to be like that, but I'll probably have to bite my tounge once in a while.)

Kelsey said...

And yes, I actually do know how to spell tongue. . . I was just checking to see if you were paying attention.

Pam said...

Congratulations Katy on your big ceremony! I'm really glad that Joe & Judy were there wit you as they are lovely people - and your mum and dad too of course!
I completely understand that you are using your skills to watch Katy. I am obsessed about Jack's development too. I have a couple of questions/worries I'd love to ask you about next time I see you
Pam xxx