Friday, January 19, 2007

A rough few days

Katy's had a cold for about a week, and when I came home from work on Tuesday afternoon, Melanie said, "I think Katy is sick." That started a rough few days. Katy had a fever, bad cough, and runny nose, but worst of all, she was miserable. Which meant we were all miserable. I could not put her down for even a second without her crying to be picked back up. And even while I held her, she clutched me and whined. It made me so sad. :( I called the pediatrician but they said to wait. Today I couldn't wait any more, so I took her. And lo and behold, the poor baby has an ear infection. Bless her little heart, she's been in pain this whole time. The good news is that she's already feeling better. But man, getting her to take that nasty-tasting medicine twice a day for the next ten days will be an interesting challenge. Luckily I've been practicing every 6 hours with the ibuprofen.
Hopefully we are on the mend now. We missed all of our activities this week, so I'm really hoping we're getting better so we can get back to playgroup and sign class, etc.
Poor sweetheart...doesn't feel good....




Her earache didn't stop her from learning to stand in her crib, thus disturbing her sleep a little further...


A sign that she's feeling better. Pulling up to stand on everything that doesn't crawl away. The doctor was shocked!!!

1 comment:

Oma Froehle said...

I lowered the mattress on the crib . . . .