Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Big News #1


This first piece of news is quite exciting, but I'm having trouble completely wrapping my mind around it. My little sister (who I realize is no longer little at the age of 24) got ENGAGED this weekend. She's been dating a really great guy named Aaron, and that really great guy decided that he wants to be part of THIS FAMILY. Can you imagine?
But joking aside, of course I am thrilled for Melanie and she is giddy as ever. I've enjoyed getting to know Aaron and the kids LOVE him. The other day I said we were going to meet Aunt Mel for lunch, and they were all, "ok, good." Then I said that Aaron would be there, and they shouted all the way to the restaurant, "Aaron! Aaron!! Going to see Aaron!!!"
But here's the crazy part: they are talking about getting married in April. That's 2010. That means that the next few months are gonna be a bit crazy. And best of all, I am going to be a maid of honor who is 7 months pregnant. Laugh it up, folks, it'll be in photo albums for years.
Congratulations Melanie and Aaron!

2 comments:

Jen said...

So happy for your little sis! And you will be the cutest pregnant matron of honor ever!

Physibeth said...

Yay for Mel! I feel so old! 4 months is plenty of time to plan a wedding. And yes you will definitly be the cutest pregnant matron of honor ever! :-)