Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

We had a really nice day today as a family celebrating Mother's Day. My first Mother's Day treat was that Brian got up with Katy and let me sleep until 9:00. NINE, it was spectacular. We were able to go to church (which we've missed a lot lately due to traveling. Did I mention that I have traveled the same 1.5 hour stretch of highway the last FIVE weekends in a row?), and Katy graduated from the nursery to the toddler room (aka "Big Girl room"). They said she did great, so she must've enjoyed the older kids. And the pastor's wife gave a really good message, I had not heard her speak before.

We came home and I got to open my Mother's Day gift: a membership to the zoo! I'm sure Katy and I will enjoy spending a lot of time there this summer. (And it includes a guest so if you'd like to go with us sometime...)

It was a gorgeous day so we spent the rest of the afternoon outside, including going over to see our friends Pam, Craig, and Jack. The 6 week age difference between Katy and Jack keeps getting smaller and smaller. They are becoming pals very quickly (when Katy isn't distracted by their dog).

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day! Glad you had a fun and relaxing day. Loved your new apron...I'd be afraid to use it and get a stain on it. =)