Sunday, May 27, 2007

Family Outing


With Brian feeling up to getting out of the house after a long week on the couch, we decided to try out our zoo legs. What's nice about having a membership is that you can go for a couple of hours, not feel like you have to see the whole thing in one day, and enjoy your time there. So enjoy it, we did. And so did Katy, I think. She stayed in the stroller for a really long time and would point at all the animals, which reassured me that she recognized that they were what we came to see. The zoo was crowded and the weather was hot, but we were really impressed with some of the animals we got to see. They have the largest snake in captivity (24 feet long, shudder), and we happened upon a genuine wrestling match between 2 grizzly bears. Of course, Katy liked the petting zoo best.



In addition, I wanted to share some pictures of Katy-happiness. She loves straws and always wants to drink out of our cups when we have a straw. So today I got her her very own sippy cup with a straw. When I gave it to her, she literally did laps around the house while she carried it, giggling between happy sips of water. When I took it from her to refill it, she followed me to the sink and whined until I gave it back. Who knew...


2 comments:

Kelsey said...

The Cinci Zoo is nice, but I LOVED the time we visited the Columbus Zoo. We only saw 1/3 of it. Harper literally sat and watched the Manatees for at least 1/2 an hour. We now have a Cinci Zoo membership which would get us 1/2 off in Columbus, so we're hoping to try to see the rest of it one of these days. It looks like a fun time for all of you -- I hope Brian heals quickly!

Anonymous said...

Just catching up with my Katy updates! I'll call you soon:)