Tuesday, March 27, 2012

David: Four

David,

I am proud of you today and the way you have grown up over this past year. Age three is not necessarily an easy one, even for a low key guy like yourself. Your emotions are so raw and you are so sensitive - you find yourself experiencing many highs and lows each day.

But on the flip side of those intense moments, you are a middle-child to a tee. You go with the flow, not complaining when we aren't picking your choice, often going unnoticed while you entertain yourself in the corner, and just coming up for attention here and there. And I make darn sure and give it to you when you do. I want you to know how special you are, and that you are a good, strong, smart, and sweet boy.

When I asked you about inviting a couple of close friends to a birthday celebration, you wanted to make sure that Katy was on the list. You guys are buds, in addition to roommates. You're starting to find your niche with Luke too (wrestling and chasing are your common bond), but you guys still get in more screaming fits over toys than I would like.

And of course you love your friend Frank. You guys love each other intensely, and it warms my heart. And oh, man, you guys are wild. His mom and I have been noticing lately that you wind each other UP. I'm learning what it means to be a mom to boys.

Your teachers at church and school both love you. They say that you answer questions and are always sweet and polite. And you just love both places. You have always been excited to go (except once when you were going to miss something that we were doing while you were gone.) You like to go anywhere with us, though, even to cheer on your sister at soccer.

I thought you would never find another interest other than cars, but you have gotten on a superhero kick lately. It's a nice change of pace, but you are still faithful to your first love. You just LOVE vehicles of all types. I find myself wondering how that will manifest as you grow older.

You deserve a great year, and I'm hoping and praying that you get it. I can't wait to see what age 4 brings. We love you so much.

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

bluedaisy said...

Looks like David had an amazing fourth birthday :) I am always envious of your cakes!! Can't wait to see what fun awaits the now 4 year old David--I love this age!