Monday, May 26, 2008

weekends the way I like 'em


It was SUCH a nice weekend. A long one, first of all, and then the weather - oh, how we've so patiently waited for spring around here! All that waiting has paid off with this beautiful weekend.



On Sunday, Brian's mom and her siblings (she's one of 6) gathered for a family reunion in northern Ohio. It was at a really nice park and we got to eat, play, and meet and greet with alot of Brian's cousins who I have never met. I was pleasantly surprised at how smoothly it went, going up there for the day with the 2 little ones. It was the first day in her life, I believe, that Katy got absolutely no nap. She is such a stinker, she won't sleep in the car even if she is dead tired. But she was fine, I put her to bed an hour early and she seemed recovered today.


Papa John chills with our baby Buckeye




Grammy and her mom - Great Grandma G




Katy in her happy place - with Uncle Mark and her cousins



Great Grandma meets her latest great grandchild. She thinks that makes 16...



Brian's Uncle Jeff, Mom, Aunt Pam, Uncle Duane, and Grandma

David did well while we were at the party, enjoying being held and carried in the carrier. But alas, he has entered the world of crying in the car. Ugh. I think that may be the hardest thing about babies for me, when they cry in the car seat. If you're taking a long trip, and they are fed and dry, there is nothing you can do about it. Also, the middle seat in our van seats 2, so that's where we have the car seats, so there isn't even an option for me to sit next to him for damage control. It is agony.







Then today we went to the zoo with Aunt Mel and Pam & co. We renewed our membership (the one I got for Mother's Day last year) because we have so thoroughly enjoyed going to the zoo on a regular basis. Katy was SO excited when we told her we were going this morning. She has become obsessed with snakes for some reason, among other animals, so she talked non stop about all the things we would see. At one point we were walking along and Brian asked, "Do you like the zoo, Katy?" and she answered, "Yeah! It's fun!!" I have never heard her use the word fun before, but she couldn't help herself. She and Jack took advantage of the wagon we got for free recently, and Jack showed Katy the joys of a pony ride. It was awesome. David did fine the whole time we were there, once again, until we got in the car. We had to stop and nurse him on the way home. Ugh.








Also...for a weight watchers update - in three weeks, I've lost 8.5 pounds, which brings me back to my pre-pregnancy weight (I had gained almost 40 pounds total - yikes!). Now I need to lose another 20 which has been hanging around since I had Katy. The weight watchers program (or "dub dub" as we lovingly call it) is such a good one. It's easy to learn and follow, and I think it's overall very healthy. Brian has also lost 8 or 9 pounds, so hopefully we're on our way to feeling better. Of course, WW is easier to follow when you are nursing - you get so many extra points and burn so many calories even without exercise. Definitely a good time to lose weight.

I hope you had a good weekend, too!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Great to see you today & congrats again on the weight loss. Also thanks for the "parenting" talk we had - it's always nice to know you aren't alone in how you do things or feel about things, makes me feel semi-normal!