Friday, January 04, 2008

Thanks for the Christmas cards


Ahhhh....the side of the refrigerator is full of recent photos of lots of family and friends. Things are as they should be. I just wanted to say thanks, because I really love looking at them. Katy is working on learning everyone's names - she's got almost half of them down. So if we haven't seen you in a while - look for that the next time we meet.


Also, I will gladly accept updated photos throughout the year. No holiday required.


---------------------


And finally, does anyone know a good milkman they could recommend? I think about half of my trips to the grocery are for one reason alone: we are out of milk. Again. Between Katy's and my own love of the white stuff, I think I could keep a milkman delivering at least a half gallon a day. That would be so great...

4 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

Oh that's so nice. And I see my card finally made it to you. I came unglued and unorganized before Christmas, but I did get it out. ;)

Oh, we're the same way with milk here. Matt and I both love milk. And Zachariah goes through quite a bit too. And it's a pain to go all the way to the store just for milk and I have to get the kid in and out of the car and drag him and the gallons of milk back out.

Giselle said...

Ugh, the milk thing. How is it they have drive through beer places, but no drive through grocery stores. Seriously...just have milk, bread, eggs...the necessities. Maybe bananas. People drinking beer can easily park, get out of their car, and go in to buy. People who need milk and other essentials have to unstrap multiple carseats, put on coats, keep children from tempting items, get back in the car, strap them in all over again, etc etc. It just makes no sense to me.

Erin said...

That is fun, teaching the kid names of all these people you love, but they don't know. For me, that was one of those totally unexpected perks of Christmas cards this year.

When we packed up Christmas, I took the photos from this year (not the cards), and packed them at the top. So when we open up the boxes next year, Hey! There's everybody!

Jen said...

Glad to see your using the "Mother" magnet I gave you as a shower gift. I had to do a double take as I was looking at the cards. I thought to myself, "Wow, someone put a breastfeeding mother and child on their Christmas card. That's different." After I looked a little closer, I realized it was another magnet I was looking at. Must have been a blonde moment!

Jacob asked yesterday when we could make another trip to COSI with you and Katy. =) He'll be excited that she is learning his name in anticipation of our next "field trip".