Monday, January 07, 2008

Can they do it?

I don't even know if I want to post about the Big Game tonight. Because last year I posted about it, and the next day I was so depressed I had to do this. So I'm just going to say that I'm exciting we're even IN this game. At the beginning of the year, NO ONE, not even Jim himself, was predicting we'd be in the championship. And we're the underdogs, so I'm going to try to relax and enjoy the game. No expectations. Expectations just bring pain, as evidenced by last year. Katy, apparently, thinks they can win.








On another note, today, Katy informed me that she was Stinky. As I took her to the changing pad, she then indicated that her new babies were Stinky, too. So I asked her if they needed to be changed, and she said yes, and proceeded to get out the supplies. So my mind jumped back to when I was a little girl, and I remember that I so desperately wanted diapers that would fit my baby dolls. I remember looking for them at every store we visited. Recently, friends of mine gave me the newborn size diapers that their daughter had outgrown so I could save them for New Baby. The little girl in me just couldn't resist donating two of them to the cause.




Although they look big on Katy's dolls, these things are SO tiny. I found myself marveling that Katy ever wore this size of diaper. Look what she wears now!!


I guess she has grown a little bit since she wore them...

May 2006

2 comments:

Pam said...

Great post. I'm looking forward to sharing potty-training stories with you!
I'm just about recovered from last night's upset - are you?

Erin said...

I KNOW! I remember getting a cabbage patch doll out for Cal when we were expecting Emmett. We put a newborn diaper on it and it sort of freaked me out. SO TINY! Ahh, little baby butts. Is there anything better?

Between you & Kels and your flashback newborn photos, I am REALLY EXCITED about your little baby boys!!