Friday, July 06, 2007

Rest for the Weary

Lately it seems like our weekends have been so busy that we need the week to rest up for them. So we didn't really do anything for the 4th, except that Brian got a chance to put together his Father's Day gift:


Also, Katy's 2 little friends, Jack and Ella, turned one this week. Ella (next door) got a sandbox that predicts many baths in Katy's future. And Jack had us over for a pool party. I forgot to take my camera, so you can read about it on his blog.

We are getting ready for another first: leaving Katy overnight. She'll be staying home with my mom while Brian and I get away for the weekend to celebrate our 2nd anniversary. Katy was about 6 weeks old on our 1st anniversary last year, so I don't even remember what we did, maybe went out to dinner or something, but I was still in a postpartum fog. So I'm really looking forward to this getaway. Of course I'm nervous to leave Katy, especially because she's had a cold, but I know from experience that she's in good hands. Everyone have a good weekend!

No comments: