Sunday, July 22, 2007

Mr. Mom strikes again

First of all - off topic - but I wanted to share the news that Erin had her baby! Erin is a fellow blogger that I know through Cindy, Kelsey, etc., and her blog cracks me right up and is so fun to read. So I'm excited for her to welcome her 2nd son Emmett home today.



As for our weekend, I had big plans for a relaxing, entertaining, and productive weekend at home. I had a list of chores, errands, and activities that would've made any list-maker proud. But where did I spend the weekend instead? Sick. In. Bed. Unlike the stomach flu that I had just a month ago, this was apparently just the regular plain old influenza, or at least as best as I can determine with the help of WebMD. It was once again miserable, and Brian was forced to play Mr. Mom for the majority of the weekend. And that beautiful, organized, masterful list? There it sits, completely untouched by anything that resembles a "cross-off". But this evening things are looking up. I am definitely feeling better, and so far so good, I'm praying that the rest of my family avoids catching this little bug.



So in order to help me to feel better, Katy decided to turn on the charm. I'm not kidding, this kid could not be any cuter if she tried. Once I felt well enough to come downstairs and sit on the couch, she played beautifully with her toys, spouting off new words, demonstrating new skills, following commands...it's like some kind of switch went off in her little head. Lately she's been very interested in sitting in chairs, so I bought her this little number. By the way, have you noticed that it's nearly impossible to purchase anything for a girl under 3 that does not have Dora on it?


At first she just wanted to carry it around...

Then we worked on the whole concept of sitting in it...


Shew...that's alot of work.

1 comment:

Oma Froehle said...

Cutie pie, Katy! Oma loves you!

I know Dora is an Explorer, but what is special about her? Why is her head so big?