Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Jason turns 30


I don't know if I've mentioned this, but we have the dearest friends, Jason and Beth. Jason and Brian moved up here together from UK back in 1999, and they were involved in campus ministry together for years. Jason was Brian's roommate when I met them and got involved in a Bible study they were leading at the time. Eventually Jason met Beth and introduced us. Beth and I ended up living together for the year before she and Jason got married, and Brian and I got engaged. So there was a lot going on back then. Now all four of us have gotten involved in the same church, we're leading a life group together, and they are our closest friends here. So ANYWAY, Jason's turning 30 tomorrow. (He's a month younger than me but way more mature.) On Sunday, Beth threw him a little get-together (read: PAR-TAY).

There were lots of kids for Katy to play with - which she LOVED.

So much so that she didn't want to leave...

The newlyweds make an appearance.

The ultimate 30th birthday present. Representin' (do those of you outside of Ohio know what this is?).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, I have realized lately that I am somewhat of a slacker when it comes to reading. I have noticed recently how many people read. Alot. For pleasure!!! There are a few things drawing attention to this. One is the release of Harry Potter. Also there are posts from Pam and Kelsey that lead me to believe that they are avid readers. My moms club is starting a book club, and everyone's all excited, listing all the books they've read this year, what they're reading now, and what they'd like to read next. And I'm looking on with a blank stare.
And let me clarify up front, I would love to be a reader. On the occassion that someone physically hands me a book and says it's really good, I will usually read it (though it takes me a looooooong time), and most of the time I really like it. But I'm so slow, and I guess I'm just not used to carving out time to read in my schedule, and I just...don't. Am I the only one? I'm starting to think so.
And don't worry Kels (future school librarian), I read to Katy everyday and she loves her books. I'll try not to let my slack hinder her reading potential.

No comments: