Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Lucky 13


I think when I dreamt of the idea of "having a baby," I imagined life with a child between the ages of 0-12 months. I never really thought past that point, and it's still really hard for me to imagine being the mom of a toddler, preschooler, child, or teenager. I really only ever pictured the baby part. Ooops. But it's all good. You just figure it out as you go, right?


Oh, and guess what I got? I'm almost afraid to tell you, because I'm afraid you might be jealous. It's something I've wanted for a long time: a walking buddy. My next door neighbor Charity approached me about walking 3 mornings a week over the summer. This is so perfect because she lives right next door, we can walk at a time that's convenient for stay-at-home moms, and I can have some adult conversation on a regular basis. So far I've been able to bring Katy and she's been able to bring her youngest and leave the older 2 at home with her husband. So it works out really well. I'm so excited to have someone help me be motivated to exercise.


One more lucky find... we found a "new" restaurant for our rotation - it is awesome! Really good Italian food, inexpensive, casual atmosphere, kid-friendly, really nice people, and delicious dessert. I love finding a new restaurant. It's like buying a new outfit or discovering a new favorite song. So if you live in the area, you should check out Da Vinci Cafe in UA.




No comments: