Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Good News, Bad News

Good news: Since everyone at our house was feeling somewhat better on Friday afternoon, we discussed it with my mom over the phone and decided to make the trip to Pittsburgh.


Bad news: Despite our hopes that the forward-facing car seat would make the ride easier, it seemed to keep Katy from sleeping and remind her that if she could see us, then why couldn't we pick her up.


Good news: Katy got some quality Oma-time in the garden and doing some garage-sale hopping.


Bad news: Katy's still doing the mommy-cling thing.


Good news: Our Columbus zoo membership got us into the Pittsburgh zoo for FREE. So we had an entertaining outdoor activity for the beautiful weather on Saturday.



Bad news: It's impossible to keep a toddler in a stroller for 4 hours.


Good news: At the present time, Katy and Brian still haven't gotten sick, and I've concluded that they actually had the flu in a mild format earlier last week.


Bad news: Before we left Pittsburgh, we managed to give the flu to my mom. I feel terrible, I mean really really bad. We knew there was a risk, we took it. She didn't seem to have it as badly as Melanie and I, but we left her sick on the couch Monday morning. Ugh.


Good news: I just found a molar poking through Katy's gums (which would explain her recent crankiness).


Bad news: I just found a molar poking through Katy's gums.


Good news: My mom and I had a marvelous time bargain shopping for clothes for Katy, so she will be stylin' this fall.


Bad news: I am still not feeling 100%, which means that I have been somewhat sick for almost a week.


Good news: Brian, Melanie, and I are going out tonight for an early birthday dinner for myself. (this weekend I am turning 30, but we are quite involved in a wedding for friends of ours, so we're celebrating early). My wonderful friend Beth is watching Katy, and we're going to try a new restaurant that I've been wanting to go to for months.


Bad news: I had to cancel my haircut last week because I was...otherwise occupied...so I feel that I look a bit shabby.


Good news: I love summer, I just love it!


Bad news: Where did June go? I feel like a school kid, watching the days of summer vacation slip through my fingers without my control. I'm going to try to hold on!!

3 comments:

Marie Green said...

I understand that the mommy cling thing is hard to take, but looking at the picture of the two of you... It's adorable, and it's also good news, don't you think? At least for me, as annoyed as I am, I'm always a tiny bit flattered that they want me. And also, the cuddling is so great. I never get to cuddle my older two anymore...

Physibeth said...

Early welcome to the over 30 club! :-) Can you believe how fast the time goes?

Erin said...

We had that problem with Calum no longer sleeping in the car when we switched him to front facing. It took me a good SIX MONTHS to realize that, on a long trip, if we gave him his favorite Bear, he'd fall asleep in the carseat.

You probably already tried that, but just in case... maybe it will make your ride home easier?

Also, I'm totally with you on Where Did June Go? What happened? It was just April, like, yesterday. And in a few days it will be JULY. Which is the month I will have another BABY.

** PANIC **