Thursday, March 22, 2007

This is a test. This is a MAJOR test.


Uh-oh...guess what I learned to do? I saw someone else's blog with the video embedded right into the post, and I thought, "I gotta learn to do THAT!" So for my first attempt, I did one of Katy's first videos, when I think she's just a few weeks old. It's not too exciting, but can believe how itty bitty she was? And this was just last summer! It's so crazy how fast they change. I feel like she is less like a baby and more like a toddler everyday.

We seem to be feeling better, over the virus I think. She still seems to be grumpy though, I don't know if that's the illness or just Katy. :) The thing I'm the most impressed with these days is how quickly her language is developing. For a while we've been working on her waving and saying "bye bye" when people leave. She's done it a couple times, but I was wondering if she was just imitating us or if she really understood the concept. Well, yesterday Melanie was over, and she put on her coat and said, "see you later, Katy," and Katy waved and said, "baba". We both shreiked! She got it! Then she did it 2 more (appropriate) times that day. Also we've been doing a few baby signs with her, and lately when she's done with her food she's been making a hand gesture that closely resembles "all done." I'm so excited about being able to communicate with my baby girl!