Sunday, March 11, 2007

Jogging Stroller, take 2

All I can say is, "YEAH!" Finally, the weather has broken, it's warm enough to go outside, and we are certainly ready to take advantage of it.
I've had this idea in my head that I'd like to attempt to walk a half marathon (this may be a mini-goal toward the big kahuna at a later date). Back in January, I bought a jogging stroller on craigslist to prepare for this very occassion. A few weeks ago, there was a peak of sunshine, a high temperaure above 40, and I got a little anxious for some fresh air. Brian and I attempted to bundle Katy up (and I mean BUNDLE her up) and take her for her first experience in the jogging stroller. I don't know which problem was bothering her the most: the chilly breeze, the not-completely-full belly, or her peak of separation anxiety at the time, but it was not a pleasant experience. She cried for much of the ride, and I was really nervous that she hated the jogging stroller, and that this would be a large damper in my walking plans. So on Friday, with a full belly, extra jacket, and Baby Bjorn in tow just in case, we made our 2nd attempt. Katy LOVED it. She smiled, giggled, kicked her legs, and made happy noises at every dog and kid who passed us (apparantly dogs and kids look like they might understand her linguistics better). So we went Saturday. And we went Sunday. Same reaction! ("She likes it!") I even went and got good shoes, I'm all set. Now I just need to pick a race... and a partner would be nice. Anyone who lives close by interested?

No comments: