Thursday, March 08, 2007

Cutie in a Hoodie


Sometimes there just isn't that much to post about, but I've taken some cute pictures and I want to put them up. :) I got out this sweatshirt the other day that she got from Great Granny for Christmas, it's a size 12 months and it fits her now. And she looked so cute, I just had to take some pictures. But now, everytime I point the camera at her, she closes her eyes in anticipation of the flash...little stinker!
Now I really hesitate about writing this next part. I don't really believe in getting "jinxed", I guess I'd be more likely to believe that God changes things up because we don't grow much when we're all comfy. BUT it occurred to me the other day that Katy's in a really nice stage right now. She plays, she's mobile but not running crazy. She still sleeps quite a bit. She's not (very) defiant just yet. And she has so much personality and is so fun and social. I talk to so many strangers out in public because of her. At the moment she isn't sick or teething. The only thing that's challenging right now is how clingy she is with me, but that I can deal with. So I'm trying to take a moment and really enjoy her. Because there have been many (many) challenging parts of her development thus far, so I don't want to blink and miss this.
Hopefully my next post won't be entitled "Scratch that!!"

2 comments:

Kate said...

What a beauty!

Kelsey said...

So cute! We have some of our own hoodie pictures somewhere... must be a baby rite of passage. I'm glad you are enjoying her. Now that Harper is two, I find we cycle through stages on a daily basis which range from:

Oh you are so funny and smart and charming and I love you!

to

If you don't stop whining at me about how you don't like the way the dog is looking at you right now I swear I will put you down the garbage disposal.

It's a lot of fun. Maybe I should be on medication.

(I hope everyone reads this in the tongue-in-cheek manner in which it was intended!)