Thursday, October 25, 2007

6 things

Mommy Daisy tagged me for a meme (hey, I actually think this is my first one!), so I'll give it a try. (A meme is like a question or a theme to post about, and then you "tag" other bloggers to do the same thing.) This one asks you to list 6 habits of yours...

1. I have a habit of running about 5-10 minutes late for everything. I think this is my persistent under-estimation of how long it will take me to do something, followed by my desire to cross as many things as possible off my to-do list. For example, I need to be somewhere in 20 minutes, but I'm just sure I have enough time to give Katy a bath before I leave, even though the place is 15 miuntes away.

2. I like to do all the laundry in the house at once. About every 10 days or so, I collect every item in the house that needs to be washed and put it next to the washer in the basement. It then takes me 2 days to do the 5-6 loads, including carrying them back up 3 flights of stairs and putting them away. (Brian helps me with the carrying part, especially when I'm pregnant. A laundry chute would've paid for itself by now). Then I don't have to think about laundry for another week or so. I realize that this may have to change as we add members to the family.

3. I like to shop. A lot. Even if I don't have a penny to my name and there is absolutely nothing that I need, I enjoy the process of wandering aimlessly around the store and looking at all the pretty things - imagining whether or not I would ever have use for them. I consider this a bad habit, however, because I can fall to the temptation to blow the budget on things that I convince myself we need. Especially at Target. It's like the marketing people over there have a picture of me at the end of their long table.

4. I have a bad habit of putting off deciding what we should have for dinner until after 5pm, which then limits our options and ends up in take-out more often than I would like. This is one that I'm really trying to break.

5. I really like chocolate and strawberries. I think chocolate-covered strawberries must be the perfect food. The best I have ever had were from a place in Lexington called Old Kentucky Chocolates. Oh my gosh. So good.

6. We have a few shows that we watch every week, and even tape it if we won't be home. Heros, The Office, and Scrubs (final season, tear). I watched ER religiously for 10 years, but when Carter left, it was the last of the originals, so I gave it up. Plus I can't stay up until 11 anymore.


So I'm supposed to tag 6 people to do this ... so if you are interested, Jen, Pam, Oma, Weed, Erin & Kelsey.


----------------
Also, here's Katy's latest skill...

1 comment:

Erin said...

Emily, I have a VERY PRESSING question for you.

Are you going to rename your blog with #2 arrives? Katydid & ?? This is something we must discuss.