Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Nice try, Mom...

Usually I take a shower while Katy takes her morning nap. I haven't been able to bring myself to wake up earlier than she wakes up in order to get a shower, though I suppose eventually I will have to do that. So today my schedule worked out so that I needed to shower while she was awake. I have only tried this one other time since she has been mobile, and I concluded that there's no way I can let her roam around the bathroom unsupervised for ANY length of time. So today I had this idea: I set up the pack n' play IN the bathroom, with toys, and thought I would try taking a shower with Katy playing safely inside. I put her in there, and while I brushed my teeth, she laughed and smiled at me, playing with her toys. You should've seen me gloating in my mind, "This is BRILLIANT! I should do this everyday, imagine what I'll be able to get done while she naps!" Not so fast: no sooner had I stepped behind the shower curtain than Katy began to absolutely wail. And I mean cry really hard. And then what do you do? Come out of the shower dripping wet and pick her up? So I kept sticking my head out saying, "It's ok, I'm right here" to which she would quiet down, but then as soon as the head went back inside: wailing. This whole separation anxiety stuff is a little draining. So I took down the pack n' play, I guess I'll go back to showering while she's napping.


No comments: