Sunday, February 11, 2007

My Buddy


Last weekend Jack dropped off his extra swimmy diapers for Katy to wear, which was so generous... even though he's 6 weeks younger, he passed Katy up in weight a while back. Katy is very interested in Jack (and every other baby for that matter). Jack's personality is a lot more laid back, go with the flow, easy going kind of kid. He's a sweetheart!


This week I've had opportunity to see how Katy reacts when I pay attention to other babies. I watched my neighbor's baby girl for a little while one afternoon, and Katy would be playing contentedly, then I'd pick Ella up, Katy would notice it, crawl over whining as if I had hurt her feelings. Then this morning I helped out in the church nursery, and it was the same drill. That's what happens when she's spoiled with all mommy's attention all the time. But I know it's perfectly normal for her age. I'm trying to appreciate it, because in a few short years she'll probably be pushing me out the front door of her friend's house saying, "pick me up in time for dinner".

1 comment:

Pam said...

Thanks for the nice comments about Jack. You know, I am at such an advantage - everything Katy does I can expect Jack to do in about 6 weeks - so it's not as scary. I saw her video eating snacks - wow! It's all happening too quick.
Love to see you guys soon...
oh and LOVED the snow pictures.