Thursday, February 08, 2007

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead

In this case, "Witch"=kitchen project. I've been looking forward to posting this post since August (even though I didn't have a blog yet in August) when we started this whole thing. Katy and I packed up and headed to stay with Kelly and the girls for 2 nights while Mark drove up to help Brian with the first step of this major project: tearing down the walls to the "mud room" in order to expand our kitchen to the outer wall of the house. That was August 25th. About 2 weeks ago (end of January), Brian put the finishing touches on our beautiful new kitchen. I wouldn't want to do something like this again any time soon (I know Brian would agree), but it has definitely been worth it. He did a great job, and got it done really quickly considering it was all in his "spare time". We now have lots more counter space, a bigger room, more storage, more electrical outlets, a garbage disposal, a dishwasher, more cabinets, a new pantry, new floors (that come clean!) and a new ceiling. Not to mention the cheery color. I love my new kitchen, it actually makes me want to cook (which IS a minor miracle).

A blast from the past in pictures:

First, here's what the kitchen looked like when Brian bought the house back in February, 2002 (5 years ago this month!):

This is what it looked like last February, before we started any remodeling:



Here are some pics of the progress between August and January:


And now the finished product!!!:



No comments: