Sunday, April 22, 2012

For the love of The Wiggles



I remember the first time I watched The Wiggles, I thought, "Turn off that obnoxious noise!" It was cheesy and cheeky and just. so. smiley.  The way many people cringe at Barney, that's how I felt about those four men from Australia.

But I learned quickly that if my kids love something, and they are happy when they are listening to it or watching it, it grows on me. Because I see it through their eyes, and I am thankful to the group for entertaining my kids for a period of time. So I got used to The Wiggles.

Fast forward a few years, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I LOVE those Wiggly singers! Really truly love them. Katy and David will pick their CDs at the library every single time, and we listen to them in the car for hours on end. And in this day and age when there is so much negative influence, I'm just so thankful when the kids love something fun and innocent. Bieber fever can wait a few years, I'll happily dance around at a Wiggly Party!

I even looked up their summer tour and considered for a moment whether I would drive 3 hours to Indianapolis to see them (okay, I guess it doesn't go that far).

Right now we have The Best of The Wiggles out from the library, and the kids hold the case in the backseat of the van and shout out, "Now Number 10, Mom! Okay, Number 17 next!" Luke even tries to sing along with garbled up syllables. I will always fondly remember these moments.

1 comment:

Weed said...

Ahhhh, the Wiggles. I know EXACTLY what you mean. I'm so sick of them, and yet, so thankful for them! Since Rebecca's become infatuated with them, Rachel has now started loving them again. My husband and I even talked about the possibility of taking them to the concert, too (but no, we're not). Did you know that Greg Wiggle is back? I was reading something about them the other day and found out that he came back in January.