Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby Sis/Aunt Mel is All Grown Up


This weekend my family celebrated a great accomplishment by my little sister Melanie as she finished her Bachelor of Science in Human Ecology at The Ohio State University. And Aunt Mel, who would've told you when she was in high school that she was not a strong student and was really nervous about going to college, graduated Cum Laude. I am so so proud of her!



Melanie is such a blessing in my life and for my family. She is a thoughtful sister, close friend, and a wonderful aunt. Melanie is going on staff with the campus ministry where she has been involved for the past 4 years, and I know she is going to do great things with them and beyond. She has been through a lot in her life so far, and she hangs in there like a trooper.



After the ceremony, we had a nice dinner and enjoyed the game room at the restaurant. Katy had a blast seeing all of her grandparents and absolutely buddied it up with her cousin Gabe. They're cheap to entertain on the driving games: you don't even have to turn them on!


The only downer of the weekend was that my mom got sick last night at my house, really really sick, and is currently driving 3 hours home with a borrowed bucket. Ugh, I feel so bad for her. And of course I'm wondering, did she catch it from us, even though we've been better for a week and we thoroughly cleaned the house? Or is this a new strain of illness that is just beginning? Either way, my poor mom.


But congratulations, Mel, we are all so proud of you!!


2 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats Melanie! Good luck as you start your next phase in life!

Too bad your mom had to miss the festivities. I'm sure she was really disappointed. Hopefully she's feeling better soon.

Oma Froehle said...

Oma lives! I did have the good fortune to make it all the way through the party BEFORE starting to feel bad. This was NOT the best way to lose weight before the holidays . . . .