Monday, July 21, 2008

Speaking of Contests...the snacks are on me!

Recently, a bunch of people have been having these Pay It Forward contests. The idea is that you have a contest on your blog that includes sending the winner a prize, and then that winner holds a contest and gives away a prize, etc., etc. Sounds fun, right? Well, I entered several contests, hoping that I would win one because I wanted to host a contest here, but I hadn't won anything, so I was going to just go ahead and have one anyway. BUT! Exciting news! I won Kelsey's Pay It Forward: Book Edition!!! Kelsey has given me a book to read in the past and I thoroughly enjoyed it, so I'm anxious to see what she'll hand over this time.

So! That means that I have to Pay It Forward! Here's how this will work:

1. I will be putting together a prize that includes All Things Snacky. Who doesn't love snacks, right? I'm going to wait until I find out who won before I buy the snacks, because it will be fun to cater to the winner's preferences.

2. To enter this contest, all you have to do is leave a comment on this post, answering the question: What's the one snack that you just CANNOT put down? If you've never left a comment here before, it's easy! Click the little link at the bottom of the post that says, "# comments". You can select the anonymous option is you don't have an account, but be sure to sign your name so I know who you are! (and if I don't know you personally, leave your email address so I can contact you if you win) Leave your comment by noon on Friday, July 25th.

3. On the 25th, I'll use a Random Number Generator to select a comment, and therefore the winner! I'll contact you to get your address if I don't already have it.

4. I will send you a package of delicious snacks, influenced by how you answered my question, sometime the following week.

5. You will then host a contest on your blog. If you don't have a blog, you can host a contest here. That means everyone can participate!

So okay, get commenting! Let's talk about snacks!

10 comments:

Pam said...

Looks like I'm first, so here goes: cheese and bicuits. I can eat a whole block of good cheese in 1 film sitting and the smellier the better!

Jen said...

You know me, I can't get enough of chips and cheese (aka nachos). It's still my favorite snack after all these years.

Kate said...

Anything that turns your fingers orange. Seriously.. is there anything better than artificial orangy-ness?

Weed said...

For our first anniversary my husband and I went to the Canadian Rockies. While we were there we discovered "Munchies," a combination of Doritos, Cheetos, Pretzels, and Sun Chips. After we got back we found it again at Sam's Club and were SO excited. In the years since it's become much more popular and is available everywhere. I don't buy it very often because we go through it WAAAAAAYYYYY too fast, but it's definitely my favorite (and his, too, so if I win and you send me some, I'll have to keep it hidden in my secret chocolate-stashing spot!!!)

Mommy Daisy said...

Oh man, I'm a big snacker. I like sweet and salty. I love popcorn with chocolate (preferably fudge, but I don't often keep it around). The one thing that is super addicting, though, is peanut butter M&Ms.

Anonymous said...

Cookies, cookies cookies, especially little cookies that make it seem like I'm not eating too much...until the whole bag/box/carton/crate is gone.

This is neighbor Stephanie, Emily. :)

(This blog stuff is addictive when you're a stay-at-home mom!)

Your Coupon Coach said...

Oh how do I pick a favorite!!? If it has chocolate in it I am good and peanut butter is a bonus!

Oma Froehle said...

Trail Mix! The more stuff there is in it, the better. Nuts and seeds and raisins and maybe chocolate chips and coconut and dates and whatever . . . .

Mimi said...

I'm with you, Kathy, trail mix is the best snack there is. I love the salty/sweet combo and of course the chocolate!

Anonymous said...

Humm... for me the snack differs all the time. Love peanut butter M&M's, espcially frozen and right now I'm on a Cheez-It kick. Just reading everyone's comments makes me want to head to the store!
Allecia