Wednesday, July 09, 2008

3 years of bliss

(I'm backdating this, as I meant to post it yesterday, but, uh...I didn't get around to it. Sleeping issues - ugh. But that's for another post...)

On this day in 2005, I became a very happy Mrs. Brian. And although 3 years doesn't sound like a very long time, I have a hard time remembering what it was like to be single. It really seems so natural to me to be married to Brian that it feels like it's been a lot longer than 3 years. And he is an absolutely fabulous husband. Just as an example, I was feeling quite frustrated and exhausted because of my nap wars as of late, and as I came down the stairs tonight from putting David in bed, I heard Brian cuing up our wedding video. He said, "Will this make you feel better?" And oh my gosh, I love my wedding video (thanks, Michael!). I've only watched it a couple of times, but it just makes me feel all warm and cozy, and there are parts that make me laugh so hard I snort (some of the things you people say in your well wishes? Priceless). It's a good time (for me, not for anyone else, I'm sure). So it was the perfect way to cheer me up. He knows me like that.

If I had to pick a theme for our marriage so far, it would be obvious: reproduction. Shortly after David was born, Brian and my mom were folding laundry and commenting on how many maternity clothes I had. But they then realized that I had actually been pregnant for more than half of my marriage (since 2 pregnancies = 18 months+, and I had been married less than 3 years). Add to that the months I've been nursing, and there have only been 3 months of our entire marriage that I have been neither pregnant nor nursing. So yeah, reproduction would be a theme. But it's a good one. I deeply enjoy the challenge of being a parenting team with my husband. He's an incredible father.

So I wanted to take this opportunity to say: Happy Anniversary, Brian! The first 3 years have been awesome, here's to many more to come!

6 comments:

Jen said...

From your mom's blog, it sounds like you guys had fun celebrating over the weekend. It's hard to believe it has been three years already. Congrats!

Also, things should start to get easier with David in the next couple of months. Of course, then there are the terrible twos that start with Katy. Praying for you! =)

Brian said...

Happy Anniversary to you! They say that behind every good man is an even better woman. I can truly vow for that one! I love you dearly and look forward to many more years together!

Mommy Daisy said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you! What a beautiful wedding photo. 3 wonderful year! Congrats.

Physibeth said...

Happy Anniversary!

Wow, it has been 3 years since I've seen you guys then!

Crazy how time flies so fast!

Pam said...

Happy Anniversary!!
What a lot you guys have accomplished in 3 years - 2 kids, house renovation, and still time to party with friends & I am so happy I'm one of them.
Here's to many more years of wedded bliss!

Kelsey said...

Happy belated Anniversary! It was so great to see you guys this weekend.