Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A letter from my 2 month old

(photos from our weekend in Dayton visiting family and helping my Dad update his garage.)

My dearest car seat,


When we first met, we really hit it off. You were so comforting, providing the perfect combination of position and support with your snuggly straps. Nearly every time you and I hung out, you lulled me into a peaceful sleep, which was enjoyable not only for the 2 of us, but also for the whole family.


But unfortunately, things have changed.


I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I'll just go ahead and say it: I don't like you anymore. I hate the mere thought of spending time with you. You are nothing compared to the arms of any one of my family members, and I resent the fact that we are forced to be together nearly every day. You leave me no choice but to scream incessantly every time we are together. And if I scream so hard that I put myself to sleep, well, that was an accident. Because I really intend to make everyone as miserable as I feel when I'm with you.


The worst part is: I know we have to stay together. Our commitment is legal and binding in the state of Ohio until I weigh 40 pounds, and we both know that's not happening anytime soon. So I guess for now we have to learn to live together. Maybe eventually you will wear me down and I will begrudgingly put up with you, but that will be months down the road. Months and months...


I also know that you and I have a loooong date coming up soon. Oh, I'm not looking forward to that. Not looking forward to that at all.


Until next time, your companion,

David





4 comments:

Your Coupon Coach said...

Emily-oh I mean David-you crack me up!

Jen said...

I love the pic. of Katy on the butterfly bench. I have the exact same pics. of Jacob and Ellie. Glad you had a good time this weekend.

Erin said...

HAHA! Oh poor child. No, wait, I mean poor MOMMY. Poor Mommy who has to drive the car in those conditions. That is one of life's often overlooked yet most stressful experiences. Seriously.

Kelsey said...

We are driving to Wisconsin Friday, SEVEN or EIGHT hours, and I fear for this very situation. I hope the car seat hate goes away soon.

Also, is that butterfly bench in Dayton? Where???