Monday, February 11, 2008

Katy's BFF


I've mentioned before that Katy has a friend, Brooklyn, who lives up the street. Brooklyn and Katy were born on the same day (random) and we usually hang out with them once or twice a week. Lately it has been hilarious, because it seems that Katy has her first real girlfriend. They are SO excited to see each other, talk about each other throughout the week, and cry when the other one leaves (we all do that with our girlfriends sometimes, right?). The only difference between their relationship and adult girlfriends is that their playtime involves some pushing and fighting. But hey, when you're 20 months old, that's how you express love.



So today I watched Brooklyn for a little while, and they were in seventh heaven together. Lots of giggling, dancing, and even a little sharing (toys, that is). The thing that cracks me up about seeing these 2 together is the size difference. Although they are exactly the same age, Katy is a peanut and Brooklyn tops the charts. So if you were wondering if Katy will turn out to be short like her folks, behold:


3 comments:

Giselle said...

How cute! I'm so jealous...I've live in 3 different states with Andrew (and now Lily), and all I've ever wanted was a neighbor with kids the same age. Hasn't happened yet. Well, we had one in KY, but they were in daycare full time, so we didn't get to see them.

Anyway, just jealous ;) It looks like fun. Is your friend having a baby soon so your son will have a little friend also? I think it would be very practical.

Mommy Daisy said...

Aww, they are so cute together. My son is chart-topping-tall too, so he always towers over other kids. I don't think about it at home, but when he's around another kid his age he looks huge. And he's still in the 30-40th percentiles for weight. But that height will do it. And maybe there's hope for your boy...neither Matt nor I are tall. I'm about 5'6" and Matt is 5'8".

Oma Froehle said...

Short is BEAUTIFUL! You go, Katy!

Brooklyn is a sweetheart. Neighbor friends are the best!