Thursday, August 09, 2007

Water Works

Katy and I spent the last several days visiting family and friends back in my hometown. Everyday the high has been in the mid-90's. So what do you do in a situation like this? You spend every possible moment in the water.

First I visited with my friend Kelsey and her 2 year-old daughter Harper. We played in the largest sandbox I have ever seen, followed by the sandiest wading pool I have ever seen. The girls had a really nice time playing together and sharing their toys. With a little encouragement, of course.






Next I visited with my lifelong (literally) friend Jen. Jen just had her 3rd baby, Emmaline, this past February and I had not had a chance to meet her yet. She is completely precious and sweet. I love holding babies, they're all squishy and squirmy, and they like being held.


So Jen, her mom, our kids, and I went to a splash park there in town. The kids had a good time keeping cool and we were able to catch up on some of the joys of motherhood. Then we went to lunch at the best pizza place.

Emmaline, 5 months old


Jacob, 4 years old



Ellie, almost 3



Finally, Grandpa and Grandma Sue took Katy back to the splash park for another visit. Even at 7:00 in the evening, it was too hot not to be in the water. My dad was a good sport, and even though he's not usually a water bug, he put on his trunks and got soaked with Katydid. He and Sue took Katy through an adventure that's pretty well summed up on this video, I think.


2 comments:

Jen said...

We had so much fun with you and Katy on Tuesday. Let's make sure we keep our plan of going to COSI in October. Hope you are feeling well!

Mommy Daisy said...

It looks like you had a great little trip. Lots of fun.