Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Are you ready for some football?


One thing that I never expected to love about living here...it is a football town. And it's so fun. When I moved here 7 years ago (yikes! I can't believe it's been that long), I didn't have a clue how to play football, had no interest in watching it, and barely knew who the Ohio State Buckeyes were. Of course, you can't live here for long without picking up on it, and once I attended my first game, I was hooked. And now, football season impacts our lives about as much as the holidays. We get 4-8 tickets to every home game (which is no easy task), which we have the privelege of sharing with many friends and family. So that means that about every other weekend during September-November, we are attending and/or hosting those who will attend the game. It's a lot of fun.

This year, we're starting off a little slow because we will be out of town for the first 2 games. But never fear, we'll be back to report on lots of OSU action. At the end of last season, I bought a little cheerleading outfit for Katy on clearance. I think it's going to be huge, but I'm sure she won't mind.

2 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

We are excited about the start of OSU football too! We won't get to see the first few games, since they're on a different network. Sucks!

Zachariah had an OSU jersey/shirt/sweatshirt of some sort in each size since he was born. ;) He has one for this fall too. It might be too big, so if it is I'll get him something else for this season. It will be fun now, because he's been throwing footballs and yelling "touchdown" a lot lately.

Pam said...

Hey Emily,
Jack has his number 10 shirt on today and it's a bit tight so I HAD to go and buy him a number 33 at lunchtime!
I'm so excited the season is here and have been saying "Go BUCKS" all day. Oh, and I downloaded a new Buckeye ringtone for my phone. As you can see, not having a productive day.....